Sue B.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue B.

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Sue. I've been growing orchids for about 5 years. I'm from Northeast Wisconsin and grow all my plants in my livingroom window. I have the best luck with paphs. They seem to like my cool,dry house. We use 2 pellet stoves to heat the house and I run a humidifier in the room with the orchids but is still dry. I put them all in trays with gravel and try to keep water under them. The temp in that room is about 63. I water with well water. They do very well in these conditions.

Thanks for the tip on the website. I will have to spend some time finding my way around it. Looks like fun. I'm sure I will learn alot.

There's quite a colony of orchid growers in NE Wisconsin; are you in contact with any of them? The orchid society there is active and friendly.

Thanks for the tip on the website. I will have to spend some time finding my way around it. Looks like fun. I'm sure I will learn alot.

You'll love the picture sections. They're one of the busiest sections on this forum. We have so many great photographers.

Hi Sue,
Welcome from South Africa, I am looking forward to you posting pictures of your plants. This forum has an infectious quality to it, I am sure your collection is going to grow exponentialy. Every time someone posts a picture of another incredible flower, you say to yourself ' I gotta have that!' and ........, enjoy.

WELCOME from the gray, gloomy midwest,but the sun is now trying! I'm with lil'frog, check out the local orchid society!

Latest posts

Back