spicerianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Ross. There is no hard evidence that this is not a spicerianum. There is natural variation within a species. You will always find some rare extreme forms/mutations. Unless it can be proven otherwise, I am happy to accept the name provided by Ice.

While I prefer to see spicerianums with a reflexed dorsal, that doesn't mean this is a hybrid. It would be interesting to know if the dorsal reflexed with age.

David

I agree with Ross. There is no hard evidence that this is not a spicerianum. There is natural variation within a species. You will always find some rare extreme forms/mutations. Unless it can be proven otherwise, I am happy to accept the name provided by Ice.
David
Oh! OK. :wink:

While I prefer to see spicerianums with a reflexed dorsal, that doesn't mean this is a hybrid. It would be interesting to know if the dorsal reflexed with age.

David

I agree with you, David!

Please show us an updateed pic, ICE!

There's Slipperfan and me against the rest of the world!:rollhappy:

Another example with villosum 'Hung Sheng' BM/TPS if this picture is really the awarded flower. Do you think really it's villosum...:confused:

00084big.jpg

There's Slipperfan and me against the rest of the world!:rollhappy:

Another example with villosum 'Hung Sheng' BM/TPS if this picture is really the awarded flower. Do you think really it's villosum...:confused:

]

I agree with you on that one Fabrice. :) It is very hard to believe that could be villosum. Not even a judge could get that one wrong surely. Maybe they put the wrong photo up.

David

Latest posts

Back