Special vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a huge colour break! Just teasing.

That colouring is indeed special, thanks for sharing.

Interesting Yijia,the colour at margin of petals is strange and remind me of a virus...but not shure.
But the very interesting thing are dots!Those never seen.
The lip colour is not so unusual,seen already some with 3 different distinct shades of pink/violet.
Thanks for share
Alex

ya that is certainly not a special taxa. its just a very poor one. i doubt that its virused as many many many paphs are not virused, but i bloomed a few that had horrible color break like that and wierd texture..

I like such color breaks
Paph. vietnamense var. aquinii ;)

Last edited:
For right now it's a blooming vietnamense! :clap:
It could be quite different the next blooming!

interesting! this one has lots of mottling, which is nicer than too little of it. There are some vietnamense with random colour breaks but it is not very good

Personally I really like the colour breaks in this. Variegated flowers. I'd love to see breeding down this line. Just needs a bit better shape.

David

.... Just needs a bit better shape. David

...... I'm not crazy about the color pattern.

It's been obvious what side of the fence members are. I was trying to look for positive things about this plant, I thought the shape was pretty decent for a vietnamense. Yes the shape of the petals in not quite symmetrical but how many are perfect? I'm sure we've all seen pics of awarded plants, that were not & we are judging from one angle only in the pic. Is this a 1st time blooming? I find that color pattern distracting, but that's my opinion. If I like a plant for whatever reasons, & allow it to stay in my collection, it's special to me! So yijiawang enjoy the blooms while they are there!

Latest posts

Back