Paphiopedilum vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes likely… but still want to see lol.
Doh, too late! I took this photo a few weeks ago and the flower is finished by now, I should have taken a few more photos. I did post a video of it on YouTube, it is at 7'16'' .

But I think Rudolf is right, the red spots are from the inside of the pouch, you can see that more clearly on the video,

Doh, too late! I took this photo a few weeks ago and the flower is finished by now, I should have taken a few more photos. I did post a video of it on YouTube, it is at 7'16'' .

But I think Rudolf is right, the red spots are from the inside of the pouch, you can see that more clearly on the video,
Yes the vdo on YT shows that it is a true vietnamense indeed with no red on the staminode. It's confirmed yayyy.

I find that to keep the vietnamense alive after blooming is to keep growing it warm on the intermediate side (16-25C) and to water regularly. They like to be moist like phalaenopsis but not wet. Feed well. Keep leaves dry at all times with good ventilation.

Yes the vdo on YT shows that it is a true vietnamense indeed with no red on the staminode. It's confirmed yayyy.

I find that to keep the vietnamense alive after blooming is to keep growing it warm on the intermediate side (16-25C) and to water regularly. They like to be moist like phalaenopsis but not wet. Feed well. Keep leaves dry at all times with good ventilation.
Thanks for the tip! I was also thinking to repot it into fresh media in a couple of weeks after it has recovered a little bit.

I don’t repot until a new growth is half maturing.
I usually repot after flowering, if I have not done it for some reason before. If the plant flowers at the end of the year or during winter, then they must wait untill next Spring. Paphs usually make a lot of new roots from Springtime through Summer and fall. Other times too, when they really feel well, but usually during growing season, I have noticed. Maybe you don't agree, but atleast up here in the North.

Back