Some plants from the Cape Orchid Society

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

Here are some photos of some of the plants at the last Cape Orchid Society meeting. Only one Paph so I figured this should go under "non-slipper" photos. Sadly, I couldn't get a name for all the plants.

Coelogyne chloroptera

Coelogne hybrid. Linda Buckley, I think.

Dendrobium Mousmee (bronckartii x thysoflorum). This was chosen as the best in our little Christmas Party mini-show. It was a VERY impressive plant. It was grown by Percy Olsen who regularly arrives with an impressive Dendrobium.

Encyclia alata

Masdevallia heathii x Copper Angel

Masdevallia veitchiana

Maxillaria tenuifolia

Maxillaria triloris

Microcoelia species. This one was very impressive. The white flowers shone and could be seen from across the room in spite of their small size. I will find out the name…

Mystacidium capense

Paph Festive Hunter x glaucophyllum. This plant belongs to Mike Byren who has been growing it since 1978.

Phal hybrid

Polysatchia ottotania flower. This is one of my favourites. It can’t be beat for fragrance. It has a soft sherbet fragrance that fills an entire orchid house.

Hope you liked the show.

tt4n

Great:clap:!!! Did you get anything???

(I would definately get the coels and maxxies....hehe!!!:))

some great pics!!! Thanks!! I esp. like the coelogynes, veitchiana (a beauty) and maxi triloris trying to hide something :)!!! Jean

I'm in love with the Polystachya ottoniana and the Microcoelia. It sounds like you had a great time at the show! :)

Looks like you had a great society meeting! Great pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!

Latest posts

Back