Show Loot...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyo_Jo

Catt's Meow
Reaction score
First time I've attended the Foothills Orchid Society show...had a great time meeting lots of enthusiasts, vendors (including Kyle w/ Ecuagenera :D ) and I got to be a judging clerk on Saturday morning. It was awesome.

From Paramount, two Paph. Papa Rohl (sukhakulii x fairrieanum), one vini-colored and one not:

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

Close up of the last one:
IMG_1177.jpg

Norito Hasegawa was a judge for our show and he brought along some paphiopedilums. I snagged Paph. Maude Raven x Black Cherry (in bud :D) and also a Paph. primulinum var. album 'Green Elf' x primulinum var. album 'Hsingying'.

This photo doesn't really do justice to the darkness of the foliage of the Maude Raven x Black Cherry
IMG_1160.jpg

And the primulinum:
IMG_1161.jpg

My non-slipper loot was two Masdevallias from Ecuagenera (Mas. amplexa & Mas. empus), as well as a Dendrochilum niveum from Orchids in Our Tropics and a Psychopsis papilio from a vendor whose name escapes me...

IMG_1164.jpg

Joanne,
Very nice haul indeed! I would question the "vini colored" Papa Rohl. There's no way of getting that color form with the two species parents.:(

Boy Rick is sharp as a tack this AM! Maybe it's Papa Rohl X with a vini? They all look like nice plants. I don't think I've ever seen a papilio bloom on such a short stem, it's darling! Nice haul!:clap:

Yes, maybe ask the vendor about the vini Papa Rohl. I've got one in bud(looks like your second photo in bloom). You did some good damage.

No, I think the only way you'll get one is by buying a flask.

Kyle

Latest posts

Back