Shiva Collage

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's much worse with cats and dogs. If an orchid is screwed up with absurd standards, it ends up in the trash bin. But cats and dogs end up being sold with detrimental health conditions. Even Persians have some problems with dysfunctionnal tear ducts. Mine is not so bad but I still have to clean his eyes on a regular basis. And no one ever heard of ''puppy mills» orchid growers. :sob:

All these beautiful kitties, so it made me want to share mine.
Her name is Oreo, (grandkids named her as she reminded them of an Oreo cookie) She came thru our cat door when she was about 4 months old. We tried to find the owner, but no one came looking for her. We have been told that she might be a Himalyan, Ragdoll, and one of the vets said she reminded him of a cat called a Ragamuffin. She is very social and is right there if anyone comes. We take her camping in the motorhome with a harness and a leash. She loves to go for walks on the leash. Wouldn't you know I could go on forever.
Oreo1.jpg

She's gorgeous! She might be a Birman, but I think probably a Ragdoll. Ragdolls are reported to go limp when you pick them up and hold them, hence their name.

I can look at cats all day long. You see what I mean by all
cats are beautiful if they're healthy? I've never seen such a line-up of gorgeous cats! Well, my screen saver is a Snow Leopard and he's hard to top. Next to all these beauties, I think my Finn might look a tad drab. Please
keep posting your cats and dogs. I just lost a dearly beloved Golden Retriever of nine years to a stroke and two 17 year old cats to predation. It makes me feel better to see your furry friends.

Ruth, she's lovely! Great name. My little sister named our Siamese cat "Marshmallow" when I was a kid. Kids come up with the darnedest names. lol.

Regarding predation. I live in a suburb on the edge of the city and there are no cats seen outdoors in our neighborhood. To be clear, if anyone is stupid enough to let their cats outdoors here, they will not be seen again. Coyotes...

Regarding predation. I live in a suburb on the edge of the city and there are no cats seen outdoors in our neighborhood. To be clear, if anyone is stupid enough to let their cats outdoors here, they will not be seen again. Coyotes...

Now, that's a very good indication there are no coyotes where I live. I'm fine with that.;)

We have coyotes on the other side of town.

About the neighbors cat, I honestly think it was the owl that hung around here for a couple of months.

I live in Corbin, KY and we own 150 acres of tree nursery and we built our
house in a wooded area for privacy and to give our furry family freedom from roads and such. Our cats went outside to do their business only.
I'm speculating about coyote predation because they just disappeared and I have heard coyotes in the area recently.

Yoyo Jo, I'm not stupid and our cats lived for 17 years. We found them
abandoned in one of our barns at 48 hours old and raised them ourselves...bottle feeding, burping, pooping. We loved them dearly and
your comment hurt. We miss them and always will. Perhaps you didn't
mean to be hurtful.

Abax, my comment was not directed to you personally at all; my post does say "if anyone is stupid enough to let their cats outdoors HERE". I really did mean my neighborhood specifically; I live on the edge of town and there is all sorts of wildlife around so it's not safe for domestic animals to be outside unsupervised.

Sorry for any misunderstanding; I definitely was not calling you stupid and did not mean to be hurtful. I'm terribly sad for you for the loss of your kitties; it must be very difficult to bear.

Thank you, Jo. I shouldn't have gotten upset and misread your comment.
I'm still over-sensitive about our sudden loses of our dear furry family members and just about anything will start me crying again like a big
baby. Memories just keep flooding back sometimes.

Back