Shiva Collage

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
A member of this forum wanted to see more complete pictures of my avatar. So I obliged. The pictures on the chair were taken this morning with flash. The fourth picture is the one I used to compose the avatar.
CollageShiva.jpg

She's a Siamese. That is unless the taxonomists have changed the name of the species recently. :rollhappy:

She certainly looks like an incarnation of Vishnu - but Shiva was a boy :rollhappy:

Indian deities are hard to figure out and, from what I understand, gods can often appear in any form or gender.
Lord Shiva is linked to the constant renewal of the world and nature which I found adequate as a name since my Shiva came in to replace the last of my four older cats who had died of old age. :)

He is indeed the destroyer, but then, you have to destroy in order to rebuild. He sets the stage for renewal which is the job of another god, Brhama. I guess they work together. I did say he was linked to the constant renewal...

I am the forum member who begged for more photos. Isn't she gorgeous? The trend in Siamese breeding lately
is that pointy, sort of dumb-looking triangular face and long, skinny body. Not my kind of cat. Shiva is THE cat
for incredible beauty and the mystery in those eyes. Love her! Thank you so much.

I'm sorry for disturbing My Lady's bath.

Beautiful little lady. :D

Interesting that she looks so very different from my Pelle (a lilac pointed Siamese). Do all Siamese cats look like this in America, or is she a certain type?

Is she vocal and does she have very firm ideas about things, such as, who she likes and who she doesn't like?

My Pelle is very vocal, very attention seeking, and very, VERY attached to his mommy (me). I can do practically anything with him, including kissing his tummy while his lying (laying?) on his back in my arms. If my friend tries to do this to him, he'll do that "all eight legs in her face" thing and meow in protest. He has very specific ideas about who he likes and who he dislikes, and if he dislikes you, he'll sit on his hind legs and try to box your hands away if you attempt to pet him.

I am the forum member who begged for more photos. Isn't she gorgeous? The trend in Siamese breeding lately
is that pointy, sort of dumb-looking triangular face and long, skinny body. Not my kind of cat. Shiva is THE cat
for incredible beauty and the mystery in those eyes. Love her! Thank you so much.

I'm sorry for disturbing My Lady's bath.
Like my babies then? :mad:

Yes, I got insulted (no, not seriously so) 'cause, hey, they are my babies after all, BUT I must say that Shiva and other Siamese cats looking like her, are probably healthier than those that look more like mine do (triangular face, enormous ears, looong slender body, and long legs). Shiva reminds me a lot of the "original" Siamese cats and hopefully the breeding trend will move toward this ideal again. :)

And who knows. Maybe Persian cats will have noses again one day. :wink:

Geez, the madness of breeding people... *shakes head*

I think all siamese are very vocal. Mine likes to sit next to my computer in the morning as I check out the news and new postings on ST. And she meows endlessly, requiring my attention, and the proper number of strokes. Once satisfied, she leaves and I can have my coffee quietly as I check out my orchids.

She's what some here in the US would call an apple-head Siamese, meaning she's of the more traditional form before breeders started to breed for the ultra-slender profile. She appears to be a blue point from the photos. Very pretty!

And just so he won't get jealous, here's a recent addition to my household. He's a rescue kitty named Fletcher. He's about 14 months old. He's was rescued from the streets of Oakland, California. He's very sweet and gentle and very affectionate.

CA111_23328434-1-x.jpg

Best Regards,
Nik

While I think Shiva is a beautiful feline specimen I would tend to lean more towards the oriental looking siamese if I were to get one. Something about their long lanky beings that makes me want to squee!
So, see Mutant. There's something for everyone :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Back