Shiva Collage

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutant dear, please don't be insulted. I think all cats who are healthy are beautiful. I just prefer the apple-headed
type. It may be that I've seen some very over-bred cats. Funny, the comment about the Persian nose or its
absence.
Shiva has such exceptionally deep blue eyes against her
sedate coloring. Cats, large and small, are a wonderful
mystery to me and probably the most beautiful critters in the world. I have a friend who has two Savannahs and both are beautiful and very different. My cat is a black and gray tabby and a huge, muscular hunk of a cat and he's gorgeous too.

BTW, look at Fletcher's beautiful green eyes. There's mystery there.

Mutant dear, please don't be insulted. I think all cats who are healthy are beautiful. I just prefer the apple-headed
type. It may be that I've seen some very over-bred cats. Funny, the comment about the Persian nose or its
absence.
Shiva has such exceptionally deep blue eyes against her
sedate coloring. Cats, large and small, are a wonderful
mystery to me and probably the most beautiful critters in the world. I have a friend who has two Savannahs and both are beautiful and very different. My cat is a black and gray tabby and a huge, muscular hunk of a cat and he's gorgeous too.

BTW, look at Fletcher's beautiful green eyes. There's mystery there.
Nah, I'm not insulted, not seriously so, since I understand what you mean. ;)

I also love all cats and had a "normal" looking one before I got my Siamese and my OSH (Oriental Short Hair). Unfortunately, he was completely crazy and unpredictable, and this is coming from a person who has been surrounded by cats in various forms and shapes since childhood, so I had to put him down. :( I tried everything I could think about before, so it was not an easy decision for me, but since all I could count on, after having him for two years, was that he was going to attack me at least once a week. Between these attacks (I've no idea what triggered them), he was the cuddliest and sweetest little cat, so it hurt even more to have to do this.

I put him down (or the vet did) after being in contact with a veterinarian that was also an expert on cats and behavioral problems in cats, where I learned that cats, apparently, inherits about 80% of their personality from their fathers, and since my first cat was one of these many unwanted/unplanned ones, no one had any idea what the kitten's father was like. I also knew the person who bought my cat's brother, and he was also completely unpredictable and aggressive from day one, so it seems to have been something they inherited from their father.

Since I NEVER want to put any physically healthy animal to sleep ever again, I decided to go for a pure breed, where they keep tabs on the mental health of both parents to the kittens. And, since I had experience with Siamese cats and loved them, I decided to get two of them.

If I had had the opportunity, I would have chosen an apple-headed Siamese over my more triangular headed ones, but there doesn't seem to be any breeders for this older type of Siamese here in Sweden. I love the look of my cats, but I strongly believe the apple-headed ones are more healthy. :)

Opps, blah, blah, blah.. Sorry for high-jacking the thread! :eek:

You didn't hijack at all. I found your post sad and interesting. I agree that some breeders, either by accident or intentionally, are breeding very unstable, unhealthy cats for show and I hate it almost as much as puppy mills and people who mutilate dogs for looks. Maybe someday you'll post a photo of your Pelle.

You didn't hijack at all. I found your post sad and interesting. I agree that some breeders, either by accident or intentionally, are breeding very unstable, unhealthy cats for show and I hate it almost as much as puppy mills and people who mutilate dogs for looks. Maybe someday you'll post a photo of your Pelle.
I feel the same way about both cats and dogs... I shouldn't start ranting about it since I get so mad about irresponsible breeders, pet owners, judges at shows, etc. :mad:

I haven't posted any pictures of Pelle? I thought I had...

Oh, well, here's one of him and his sister taking a nap in their basket, which I keep on a shelf above the computer screen (this so they can always be where I am). :)

skruttplutt1.jpg

That picture makes me smile. Your Siamese don't have the extreme faces that I've seen at cat shows. These two
are darling.
They are real darlings (who? partial? me? I've no idea what you're talking about :wink: ) and I have maaaany pictures of them sleeping together like this. They've only been separated two nights in their lives and they are on their sixth year of living now.

Since we have such a nice photo of Shiva showing her gorgeous eyes, I have to upload a pic of Pelle (he's only six moths in the picture) where you can actually see his eye colour. I think his eyes are too dark since he's a lilac pointed Siamese, but I still love the deep blue colour he has:
8166330061_9e2f1c33f0_z.jpg

And, yes, he isn't as triangular as some other Siamese (or even his sister), but he could have had a bit rounder face and shorter nose. I think some of the problems he has wouldn't exist if he had been a more of an apple-head. :eek:

Seeing all these kitty pictures makes me miss my Tristan who passed away in 2008. I still miss him.

Tristan_01.jpg

And I also miss my Gryffindor who died suddenly at the age of three in 2011.

IMG_0127a.jpg

Tristan was a Natural-Point Tonkinese (bred from Siamese and Burmese) and Gryffy was a Sable Burmese. I miss them very much!

And finally, here is a photo of Gryffy and my other cat Shadow. Shadow is now about fifteen or so.

Gryff_and_Shadow2.jpg

She's a rescue kitty and the sweetest little girl a dad could ask for.

So many versions of siamese, so many beautiful cats. To me Shiva was simply a siamese. Since I posted, I've learned of apple head, round head, triangular head siamese, siamese with side looking eyes, european type siamese, american type siamese, siam type... Nothing is ever simple it seems in the weird world we live in! :confused:
But there are those magnificient blue eyes and a purring cat by my side right now, next to the computer screen, and she doesn't appear to suffer an identity crisis at all.:rollhappy:

Here's a pic of my other cat you almost never see. A Persian named Omar.
He's mainly responsible for all the cat hairs coming up in my orchid photos.:D

Omar.jpg

Omar is gorgeous. He's very distinguished with his handlebar moustache! Such a gentleman!

So many versions of siamese, so many beautiful cats. To me Shiva was simply a siamese. Since I posted, I've learned of apple head, round head, triangular head siamese, siamese with side looking eyes, european type siamese, american type siamese, siam type... Nothing is ever simple it seems in the weird world we live in! :confused:

Don't we see the same "problems" with orchids breeding ? :)

Latest posts

Back