Quantcast

Saying Goodbye

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

suzyquec

Reaction score
Yesterday after a very short battle with cancer I had to put my wonderful friend my Shar-Pei, Mei-Han to sleep. She was so special and the end came too quickly. But I want to share something special, Shar-Pei's are an old Chinese breed of dog. This morning I went outside to water and found that my China Dragon was in spike. I know it sounds funny but I took it as a sign that all will be OK and that she is in a better place.

Below is a photo of Mei-Han and my French Bull and her friend Fleur and below that a photo of the China Dragon.

O

orchidman77

I'm so sorry that your beloved pet is gone! and I'm looking forward to your China Dragon blooms!

David

Linus_Cello

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss
(I always wanted a shar-pei, but I heard they commonly have skin issues with the wrinkly face skinfolds)

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
It's tough to do that to a family member (been there way too many times), but sometimes it's the humane thing to do...

suzyquec

Reaction score
It's tough to do that to a family member (been there way too many times), but sometimes it's the humane thing to do...
Ray, I'm a firm believer that we are more considerate of our pets when it comes to being humane.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, yes they are a family member and I can imagine how do you feel. I am very sorry for your loss.

Lanmark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You're in my thoughts. It's hard losing someone you love.

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
It's so sad to hear about losing a dear friend and I've lost
so many over the years. Keep your memories always.

Migrant13

Mature growth?
Reaction score
Hang in there. Maybe your China Dragon will be awardable and you can name it after your beloved shar-pei.

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
Very sorry. Lost border collie to lymphoma, liver swelled so that he couldn't breath. Very glad your orchid is flowering and best wishes for your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts