sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my God!!!There are many " sanderianums" can be seen on NET , most of them are not straight sanderianum but MK x sanderianum back cross.Yours is a really straight sanderianum!Very nice!!!👍👌🏆🎖

Excellent. Such a sight to behold!
I have 5, 3 different cultivars...one set a bud last year, but it blasted, I think it was too early for it to bloom anyway. Lost another one to rot.
Maybe in a couple more years!

Herbert, that is a nice example of this species! Thank you for posting it.

Oh my God!!!There are many " sanderianums" can be seen on NET , most of them are not straight sanderianum but MK x sanderianum back cross.Yours is a really straight sanderianum!Very nice!!!👍👌🏆🎖
Please don't say that to those who have the fake ones, especially to that guy in TX....;)

Last edited:
Great sight, not only the flowers but also the strong and well grown plant. Congrats to your friend, Herbert. 👍
Mine flowered in summer 2016 so it should be time for......but you need a lot of patience with these multifloral species especially when you grow them on a windowsill.

I don't think I have seen deliberate fake ones? Anyone can refresh my memory?

A few years back growers in Taiwan were showing photos of line-bred sanderianums that looked very much not like sanderianum...wide dorsals, dark ovaries, and odd-looking staminodes. They look for all the world like an MK back cross. These plants have of course made their way into the trade as "sanderianum" via the usual nurseries which source from Taiwan.

I don't think I have seen deliberate fake ones? Anyone can refresh my memory?
Besides what Justin just said, some people may also feel really offended if you tell them(forum people) that his/her plant is not the real species.

Few years ago a plant got the best plant of the exhibition award in my country.It was a labelled sanderianum, but it was a mk x sandie back cross.I told that to the president of society, but i was the silly man.

Few years ago a plant got the best plant of the exhibition award in my country.It was a labelled sanderianum, but it was a mk x sandie back cross.I told that to the president of society, but i was the silly man.
That’s the issue... so people lack the experience to tell the difference. And mistakes happen all the time. Very frustrating. But it’s not life or death, so we carry on lol.

Latest posts

Back