rothschildianum season at OZ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. OZ definitely selected for full flowers.
We have several grexes. These are labeled, but I didn't take note.
I will post a bunch more in the coming days.
JC[

QUOTE=AdamD;519315]Wow! Look at that petal width! Amazing! What is the cross?[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! :drool:

Each of the strain is absolutely stunning!!!

Love the lateral petals for the middle roth and the color of the right roth.

Will you be bringing some to the Paph Forum next Saturday, John?

Amazing flowers.
Dare I say the petals are getting too wide?????

You can dare to say but you would be wrong. Lol. JK. Still a long way to go and too wide might not even be possible considering the limited genetic variability in the species being bred or even in existence. Thicker petals will always be more rare. In my opinion more visibly pleasing even if they are a still much wider than this. The dorsal size seems to be easier to increase proportional to flower than the petal thickness. So the weakness in my view of the species is petal thickness. It is the one that I am most picky about. Well now that I think about it the synsepal too. I'm very picky about the synsepal. For me it ruins most Roths and paphs in general. John is doing great and passionate work. Looks like the new generation is killer. I have bloomed maybe 30 and have been impressed so far.

The OZ AQ roths were the first roths I ever saw in my life. Rather like having The French Laundry be your first restaurant experience.

My preference would be better stem length, darker colour and longer petals to balance the 'chunkiness' of the flower.
But Id have one in a flash! They are magnificent.

I agree. Well the color is pretty darn good. The stem length and flower spread on the stem is mostly environmental.

Latest posts

Back