Roth shipment came yesterday!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
I couldn't stand seeing pictures of all the beautiful roths lately without feeling like I needed to step up my roth game... So here they are! Four NBS roths (all Japanese breeding) from Sam. I apologize for the harsh lighting, I was going to take them to the photo booth but I'm babying them right now... From left to right
(Saltin Pepper x Western Monarch FCC/OZ)
(Imperial Wings x Titanic GM/JOGA)
(Imperial Wings x Perfection GM/JOGA)
(Revolution B/CSA x Mont Millais FCC/RHS FCC/AOS)

I'm having trouble finding anything on the first cross, can anyone help me out with this? What does the OZ stand for in terms of judging?

All in all I absolutely love the new plants! Definitely worth the money!

Thanks everyone. I did get clarification from Sam on the FCC/OZ. It does stand for Orchid Zone. This plant was so special the guys made up their own award for it. Sounds promising!

They look nice and big! great purchases.
I can't believe I still don't have single roth. :)

That is a problem that can easily be corrected!

I also just found out 'Imperial Wings' holds an SM/JOGA now. If you do a google search there are pics of it in bloom, very showy.

Lucky you. Wonderful looking plants. Can't wait to see the flowers. Those crosses should be great. The plant on the left looks bigger than the rest. It may flower a bit earlier.

Thanks for the comments. The plant on the left is a mysterious cross to me. I can't find any info about it at all. I'm thinking it is an OZ cross. It does have seven leaves and great roots. So that's encouraging! But no info on grandparents. I meant to repot by now but I'm waiting on the mix to get shipped. That will be a weekend project. Give them time to acclimate a bit before going through that stress. Luckily they were only in a box for 36 hours before arriving.

Got your message. I need more info to provide background on Western Monarch, if it is from OZ.
Looks like you are under lights. I grew roth under lights years ago. They did very well.

Latest posts

Back