Rossioglossum grande

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie11

Reaction score
Blooming again for me is my beautiful Rossioglossum grande. Four blooms this year so an improvement on last years. The spread is 13.5 cm.

Rossgrande4_zpsc73b2155.jpg

Rossgrande2_zps38ad8472.jpg

Rossgrande3_zpse39221ee.jpg

Rossgrande7_zps01d032d2.jpg

Fantastic!!!!!! Well done!!!

Unfortunatelly I killed mine too :( (too much heat during summer?)

Very nice. Do you find it to be a cool grower?

Yes I do. I kept it (at times) almost below freezing in my front room during the winter months. I don't heat that room so yes, it was very cold and very dry but I placed it in the window so that it got a lot of - or as much as possible - light during the day. I resumed feeding in January at the first sighting of new growths of which this year there were three but I poked one with a tooth pick to see what it was and it never grew after that point :mad: and the other new nubbin just stopped growing but luckily the third and final one grew at twice the rate of the other two and it just kept on getting bigger and now the bloom.

I used this culture sheet for a reference and I highly recommend it.

http://www.aaoe.fr/post/2007/07/03/Rossioglossum-grande

That's one species I'm certain I will always keep in my collection. Very nice flowers!
Mine is in low bud, after having seen yours I can't wait for mine to flower.

Thanks for the cultural link. My high school French helped a little but the pictures were good for getting the point across about a cool and dry but sunny winter. Wonder if the Rawdon Jester hydrid is any easier than this species?

Thanks for the cultural link. My high school French helped a little but the pictures were good for getting the point across about a cool and dry but sunny winter. Wonder if the Rawdon Jester hydrid is any easier than this species?

I would image that the culture is the same for both. As they say: Suck it and see ...

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back