Rick, you asked for them

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickiC

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
One of my 1st rebloomers...

Yam Queen Adelia 'Kilani'

Attachments

• Yam Queen Adelia 'Kilani'  5--2010.JPG
    Yam Queen Adelia 'Kilani' 5--2010.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 49
It's all Cattleya to me

I have no idea about the parentage....I'm sorry. I haven't got that far in the learning process yet (if I even do, that is).

Blc. Orange Nuggett x Yam. Sammie Evans is the cross, but with name changes I'm not sure what's what anymore. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but
Brassolaeliocattleya (Blc.) would be changed to Rhyncholaeliacattleya (Rlc.) now and Yamadara (Yam.) would be Adamara (Ada.?). Therefore, this cross would fall under Adamara, true?

Somebody help me!

Blc. Orange Nuggett x Yam. Sammie Evans is the cross, but with name changes I'm not sure what's what anymore. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but
Brassolaeliocattleya (Blc.) would be changed to Rhyncholaeliacattleya (Rlc.) now and Yamadara (Yam.) would be Adamara (Ada.?). Therefore, this cross would fall under Adamara, true?

Somebody help me!

I wish I could, but I can't keep track of all these changes. In this situation, it would be good to have OrchidWiz, I think! But thanks for the parents -- at least I know Orange Nuggett, and can see that in Vicki's plant.

KyushuCalanthe

Tom, (your real name is Tom...right?)
How do you and many of the other members know all of this....crosses, parentages....? :confused: Do all of you just 'know' it, not 'learned' it? Books (me, too...but still confused)? Question #2: why do they change the names? :confused: Really is confusing to me....I honestly don't think I'll ever learn this. Maybe I should stop trying to before I even get started and stick to just 'growing orchids' and learning how not to kill them. Period.

Somebody help me!

It's gorgeous!

Orchid Wiz lists it as:

Maumeneara Queen Adelia (Rhyncattleanthe Orange Nuggett x Bergmanara Sammie Evans)

Vicki - Orchid Wiz is a database that lists parents and has pictures, cultural information and lots of other information about orchids. Orchid parentage information is also available from the Royal Horticultural Society website:

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/horticulturaldatabase/orchidregister/orchidregister.asp

Yoyo Jo

Thank you! She is pretty, isnt she?! "SHE" because she's too pretty to be a "HE" :rollhappy: Just kidding guys! :wink: Thanks for the link, too, Joanne....I'm sure it will be interesting for me to look through.

About Orchid Wiz, is it software to be downloaded and if so, do you know the approx. cost?

I'm gonna mark on my plant tag what you looked up: Maumeneara Queen Adelia (Rhyncattleanthe Orange Nuggett x Bergmanara Sammie Evans) Uh, I think I'm going to need a larger tag. :)

It's gorgeous!

Orchid Wiz lists it as:

Maumeneara Queen Adelia (Rhyncattleanthe Orange Nuggett x Bergmanara Sammie Evans)

Vicki - Orchid Wiz is a database that lists parents and has pictures, cultural information and lots of other information about orchids. Orchid parentage information is also available from the Royal Horticultural Society website:

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/horticulturaldatabase/orchidregister/orchidregister.asp

Latest posts

Back