Requesting Picture Paph Hsinying Armanda

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
Hsinying Armanda = Magic Lantern x armeniacum

I wonder if anyone has a picture of this paph. I just got it yesterday but the flower is slightly wilted, so i'm wonder if i would be able to see a nice picture of a fresh flower to look at while i wait the next round of blooms, thanks

Last edited:
Check aos award pictures, I believe it got an Fcc a few years back, Where did you get the plant?They are very hard to find.

where can i check AOS award pictures? do i have to be an AOS member to check? I got it through Zephyrus's Orchid, a local Ontario vendor.

Good question Nick! I was thinking the same thing! I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like.

well i went and snapped a few pics of the plant with the flower. the flower is pretty wilt already, the form isn't really there anymore. but it does look like a Armeni White, but it seems to have a bigger pouch--maybe b/c of the micranthum in the works?

PaphHsinyingArmanda003.jpg
PaphHsinyingArmanda001.jpg
PaphHsinyingArmanda002.jpg

overall the plant is very very healthy and strong--1 blooming growth, 1 blasted growth, one 1" growth, and 2 fresh leads. repotted it when i got it b/c the vendor didn't repot in 4 years and a worm (yes... a WORM) crawled onto the leaf when i flooded its home, LoL!!... freaked the hell outta me... there were many roots, and they were very strong and very thick (at least 1/4" in diameter at least), especially in the slushy gritty part of the broken down mix in the btm of the pot.

Is it a pale pink or is that part of the aging of the flower? It does look like Armeni White! It's nice! :clap: :clap: and more blooms to come!

I just found the June 2004 AOS magazine which has the picture of Hsingying Armanda' Max Thompson' FCC. A very yellow dorsal and petals with a white pouch and yellow staminode shield. I have never tried to look up a picture via aos website but some one might have a picture from some of the awarded plant software that is out there and import it.

it is absolutely pure white except for the yellow staminode. i had some pink foam sitting just outside the frame of the picture so the light got reflected onto the white--i didn't even notice until u mentioned it now...

well i hope someone out there is able to help me, but thanks rob for letting me know that at least a bloom is out there to compare with. **keeping fingers crossed**

Latest posts

Back