Report from the BOS show.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jblanford

The Batavia Orchid Society, we had our show this weekend and it was a good one, everyone was happy, judges, vendors, and displayers. I had my own display and I did pretty good, 1 first, 3 seconds, 2 thirds. I think the judges thought my display was a little to contemporary but it's all in the eye. Here's my display and some orthers, tomorrow I'll post more displays and some individual Paphs. ENJOY. .. Jim.
IMG_2625.jpg

New Vision Orchids
IMG_2618.jpg

The Orchid Trading Co.
IMG_2619.jpg

Blackhawk Orchid Scoiety
IMG_2620.jpg

Natt's Orchids
IMG_2621.jpg

PS. Rose was there we had a good time talking and trading.

Yes, it was a good show. Our third year at this location and starting to catch on. Or at least there was only a small amount of snow fall Friday night this year that wasn't enough to scare folks away. Every year since I moved here, we get snow and/or freezing rain and/or crazy cold temps Friday night of setup.

I think our Slippertalker count was:
Jim Blanford
Goldenrose
Tom Kalina
me (Ernie)
lil frog

Miss anyone? We really shoulda made a point to do a pic together. Next time.

I went to Hausermann's/Fox Valley afterwards and spent a bit of time chatting with Tom. Lots of nifty things coming down the pipeline! Bought a Phal clone- showed restraint.

-Ernie

Nice show and display Jim. I believe I meet the owner the "Orchid Trading Co." before at one of Jerry's Paph symposums yrs ago. Do you know who he is and how to get ahold of him?

Jim (and Ernie),

It was a great show. I don't judge as many shows as I used to, but this one is always high on my agenda; nice people in the Batavia society (I joined on Saturday) and beautifully displayed plants as well - and only fifteen minutes from my house! Great seeing those of you who stopped by the greenhouse afterward to chat.

Thanks, Tom

Fabulous show! Great time! Great people! Wish I lived closer, I'd join, they did a great job! I think the weather had the biggest influence this year, during my early addiction (when you're younger & more foolish) I can remember going to the show in blizzard like conditions or it's freezing cold. Feb is not a good month for traveling but it's hard due to the competition of other shows to move it.
Nice show and display Jim. I believe I meet the owner the "Orchid Trading Co." before at one of Jerry's Paph symposums yrs ago. Do you know who he is and how to get ahold of him?
Terry Partin, just come to the Illinois OS Show March 20-21, he'll be there, it's not that far......

630-653-1920.

i was there too!!

Hold the phone. Coat me in milk and put me in a room full of kittens... since when is Brian Lang here???!!! :)

Yep, vandalex was there too.

I guess we have a healthy northern IL contingent on ST.

-Ernie

i was there too!!

Hey Brian, good to see you here. Hope you can post some picutes over time, you have a very nice collection with a few really choice Paphs, and choice speciemens of other orchids.

For those who haven't seen Brian's plants, he is a grower who has earned more than one CCM with his orchids.

Back