Redlands Orchid Festival

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back in 2004...it was awesome and well worth the trip. Hopefully I will get to go back one day. Not this year though. Are you going Dot?

dot, michal ooi will have habenaria medusae; I remember you mentioning you had interest. I have a few lists of plants that a few vendors will be bringing from overseas; a few others haven't replied yet

tennis, did you get a list from eco orquideas? I just got one yesterday if you wanted to look it over. a huge list, but probably not many that i'll get. if someone likes lots of true sophronitis species he has a lot, including sophronitella violacea and another cool species which is oncidium limminghei which is now called psychopsiella limminghei. ... and if you like cool cattleya walkerianas or purpureas, you have to see the list! ... there is a cattleya walkeriana variety flamea that has me very curious, but I don't really grow cattleyas and of course it's well over $100 :D

I'm going. Earnie - Frank, the sheriff and I will be driving down from Orlando....

Lori

tennis, did you get a list from eco orquideas? I just got one yesterday if you wanted to look it over. a huge list, but probably not many that i'll get. if someone likes lots of true sophronitis species he has a lot, including sophronitella violacea and another cool species which is oncidium limminghei which is now called psychopsiella limminghei. ... and if you like cool cattleya walkerianas or purpureas, you have to see the list! ... there is a cattleya walkeriana variety flamea that has me very curious, but I don't really grow cattleyas and of course it's well over $100 :D

Yeah, got it yeaterday, kinda late for it. The things I asked him about aren't on it nor did he bother to reply to my query, sent two months ago.

His plants are usually good, though, but nothing on his list I want that I don't already have except the C.violacea semi-albas, but too expensive for right now, and some other things in the waaay too pricey area. I have gotten rather large orders from him the last couple of years. I just wish someone would bring more pseudolaelias. The only new one is too similar to the one I already have. The Sopronitella violacea and Soph.rosea I bloomed this year were originally from him.

I think the correct specific epithet of this one is wittigiana? Good luck deciding what the genus is this week though. :)

My vote is to put a C. in front of the species. Guarantee within 5 years someone will say it is a Cattleya (again/still). You'll just be a man ahead of the times :D

um at least in the past i'd think he was more into studying 'weeds' of the two kinds people set on fire... maybe he's a horticulturalist, now!
actually the way things seem to go, he's probably a lawyer or something like that (or worse, a politician) now

Back