Quiz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

li'l frog

Reaction score
Hi -- I have a picture of the basket display shown by Fox Valley Orchids at the Illinois Orchid Society show. Four of the flowers now have AOS awards. The task is to guess which ones. The prize is only glory, and the knowledge that you have a good eye. NO CHEATING if you attended the show today. The deadline for answers is 9am central time Sunday. Have fun!

Attachments

• fox valley.JPG
    fox valley.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Would it be possible for a little bigger picture, so we can read the tags? I'm assuming that you mean there are four NEW AOS awards. The white in the foreground looks like the previously awarded Paph White Queen 'Kathleen' AM/AOS.

I tried posting a bigger pic, but it wouldn't load. The flowers are big enough to see. Right side, left side, green, pink, orange, yellow. A description will be good enough. They are all quite different.

Ernie, you be quiet!!

Yes, new awards. The green in the upper left corner was awarded earlier, too, so that one is eliminated from consideration.

hmmm, Ill guess the delenatii (im guessing its a nice big one, not Ho Chi Minh), the almost alba Magic Lantern, the phrag on the right maybe, and hmmm, I dunno the suk maybe?

Not sure about this, but I would guess the fourth one was the green Maudiae type in the middle of the basket: Paph. Saien (Goultenianum x Onyx) which received an AM/AOS. :evil:

Seriously, it was/still is a great show - fabulous plants and slippertalkers abounded. A special thanks to Rose, without whom I would not have had as nice an exhibit, nor as much fun putting it together. Still one day left at the Botanic Gardens in Chicago, so please come out and visit if you can.

Best Regards,

He's a stinker, isn't he Lois! ...... more like the proud papa! It was a beautiful basket of paphs!
Thanks Tom - I didn't really help much, just provided a few laughs! Tom's display is quite simple, letting the flowers be the main focus & keeping the accessories to a minimum.

Ok, here's the lot of them. Magic Lantern has a JC, the rest are AM's. Quite a collection of excellent flowers.

Phrag Summer Sun, Paph delenatii, Paph Saien, Paph Magic Lantern

Enjoy

Attachments

• dd Phrag Summer Sun AM.JPG
    dd Phrag Summer Sun AM.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 22
  • da Paph delenatii 'Santa Barbara' AM.JPG
    da Paph delenatii 'Santa Barbara' AM.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 26
  • db Paph Saien am.JPG
    db Paph Saien am.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 24
  • dc Paph Magic Lantern 'Opalescent' JC.JPG
    dc Paph Magic Lantern 'Opalescent' JC.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 30
All very deserving of the awards. That looks like one big delenatii! The Magic Lantern is magnificent, and I love all the white on the Saien's dorsal! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Judges Commendation - they liked it and want to recognize it in some way, but for some reason a flower quality award doesn't seem appropriate.

Not the official description, but...

Judges Commendation - they liked it and want to recognize it in some way, but for some reason a flower quality award doesn't seem appropriate.

Not the official description, but...

Thanx, congrats; I was wondering about the JC also.
BTW, that Magic Lantern would really look good posted against the NYC skyline!!! :D

Latest posts

Back