Quilts

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
I finally got around to taking some photos of the quilts I've made over the years. I've given away quite a few without taking photos. Stupid me. The cat one is still just the top. I still need to quilt it. My favorite is "Halloweeny" type quilts. It's dark in the house today as we're expecting a major storm so even the flash didn't help much. You can't see much of the actual quilting. And the quilts are actually very square but since I had to take them at an angle they look a little askew.

I used to make a lot of clothes for my kids when they were young, so sewing has been a large hobby for me. I made my wedding dress, in fact. I have lots of other "handy" things that I used to have more time for. I've promised myself that I will let the artistic side of me out again and MAKE time. I want to do an orchid themed one next.

Bugs in Jar
bugsquilt.jpg

Cats
cattop.jpg

Dracula
draculaquilt.jpg

Fans
fanquilt.jpg

Flowers
flowerquilt.jpg

Happy Halloween
halloweenquilt.jpg

Very nice, Candace! My sister is also into quilting. She has several of them around her house and she has given away many, many of them. :)

Lovely quilts :clap:. I like to do quilting when I can too. Did you do paper piecing on any of these? I really like the bug jars. Usually I see that block done with fruits and veggies. I have a couple orchid quilts in mind, not to mention the one that needs to be sandwiched and quilted. Space is a problem and that one is fairly big compared to what I usually do.

Susan

They are wonderful!
I too love the bug jar one.
Will love to see the orchid quilt when it is done :)

Susan, the fan one was paper pieced and I've got another Halloween one that's paper pieced in the works. I don't do many of those though. I do like the fusible applique type that I can quilt and embroider over. Both the Halloween ones I've got pictured have some of this on Dracula's face and the Pumkin's and ghost's face.

I have fabric coming out my ears, but I'm out of dark batting so will have to visit the quilt shop to buy some. It's been so long since I've last quilted they've moved to a new store.:eek:

Heather, get ready for the storm-it's supposed to be a bad one. We picked up (hopefully) most of everything that could blow away and put our patio umbrella down. It's starting to feel like homemade pea soup kind of weather.

Candace, those quilts are wonderful! I had no idea you were into quilting, and so talented at it! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I spent much of today working on another Halloween one. We had a severe storm today and there wasn't much else to do.

Here's one I finished today in the nick of time. Boo! These kind of quilts make me smile. Happy Halloween.

halloweenmonsters.jpg

There are all great, especially those Halloween designs. My mother used to do some quilting several years ago and they would take such a long time, but well worth the effort.

Thanks guys. I've got a Frankenstein that missed the big day. I should be done with that one next.

Latest posts

Back