Purpuratum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your perspective as an actual judge is amazing to have. Thank you! I never did suspect this plant as a hybrid, it looks just like one of my best that opens flat abs curls back after a week. Will be selfing this half-album soon! From Sam, tag reads “Paph. purpuratum x sib (‘Full Wings’ x var. album ‘Albino Beauty’ CBR/AOS).”
WOW that is one purpuratum with a big responsibility!!! Can't wait for its album grandkids!

I'm happy to comment with my experiences as a judge (Associate), but those are not always the opinions and experiences of other judges (caveat insert LOL).

Just for the record, be happy that we are discussing the turreted dorsal of purpuratum, that allows for Leslie to be so magnanimous - and NOT that of spicerianum where both he and I have deeply burried resentments for our splendid plants being deplorably slighted (for this I refer you to Leslie's thread on P. spicerianum 'Hercules')! 😁 😁
Good news! Hercules's bud is about to open. Now we can compare the two bloomings. This time around, no poking around by strangers anymore due to no shows or judging.

Latest posts

Back