Ppah In-Charm Space

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Paph In-Charm Greenry 'In-Charm' BM/TPS X In-Charm White 'Chao Chou' BM/TPS came out as a bit of a suprise! I was expecting more of a Whiter flower then I got. It doesn't have the best shape but it does have a second bud.
P1000881.png

You can see the bud on this one better.
P1000871.jpg

I have bloomed a couple of these and they are pretty variable. One is quite similar to yours in lime green. The other is closer to the In-Charm Greenery parent.

:clap: That is a bit surprising but it still has good potential, don't you think? The shape should improve to where the gap between the dorsal & petals is filled. I was expecting a broadish white halo. Is there a chances that you double the amount of white along the edge? I like the color either way, it grabs you!

It's pretty much yellow! I bought 3 of this cross. The first bloomed last yr and it was all white with a touch of yellow in the center. The plants health was in question so I cut the flower. The second blasted last fall and now this one.

The mistake (if white was the goal) was the use the In-Charm Greenry as the pod-parent. The yellow caretonoids are inherited through the maternal line (they are in the chloroplasts). (This is, at least, how yellow inheritance works in Disa and Catts.) Putting the white In-Charm White on the green In-charm Greenry flushed out the green leaving the yellow behind. Did you do the reciprocal cross too?

I find the 3-leaf-clover shape very interesting. I also like the rich yellow. Perhaps another dose of In-Charm White will flush all the green away leaving only the rich yellow?

Last edited:
came out as a bit of a suprise!

Forrest Gump: My momma always said, "growing complex paph seedlings is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

I like it, surprise or not, it has great colour.

Cheers, Carsten

Latest posts

Back