Polystachya aconitiflora

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I used to have a p tayloriana, it grew like crazy until a squirrel dug into the side of the plant/pot, it died, then I bought one I think from ed merkle, and it died after moving a few times. If anyone can find it I highly recommend it, and I’d love to try again myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always though that Polystachya was an underrated genus, and this species proves that idea. Lovely photos, as always.
I agree, some of them are compact, and there are lots of diversity within the genus.

Nice. I used to have a p tayloriana, it grew like crazy until a squirrel dug into the side of the plant/pot, it died, then I bought one I think from ed merkle, and it died after moving a few times. If anyone can find it I highly recommend it, and I’d love to try again myself

That looks like a cool species! Is it a fairly compact grower? I'll let you know if I find one.

Forgot to reply. I think it’s in the same size range as most polystachyas that are in cultivation. The wire thin spikes can be as tall again as the plant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back