Please, stop me before shopping spree commences

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutant - simple solution..............move!
Haha! I can't afford anything bigger, so I'm pretty stuck in this flat. And since I'll probably never finish my education, I'll be doomed to a lower income, thus making it impossible to afford anything bigger. I would love to live in the same area though, but in one of the bigger flats, 'cause just like the one I have, they have HUGE windows! :drool:

Only one of these statments is probably correct. If you expand vertically you could probably fit more plants. If you figure out an efficient watering/maintenance routine you can care for moreplants. Money, .. Good luck w/ that one, I recommend trading. :)
Yup, but then I would need shelves, extra lighting, which would involve some drilling and some electric work, which I can't do and can't afford to have done. And since I have a rather limited amount of energy, it's about all I can do, caring for 80 orchids, what with repotting and stuff. I wish I could have more, but if I'm supposed to give my babies some proper care, I can't have too many. :eek:

I'm seriously contemplating buying a pH/conductivity meter for a hefty price, so money is always an issue. :p

Asendorfer has the rare callosum var potentianum....:)
Asendorfer also has a callosum var. viniferum... Let's just say that I didn't get everything that my brain thought could be fun to have. :wink:

Yup, but then I would need shelves, extra lighting, which would involve some drilling and some electric work, which I can't do and can't afford to have done.

Flirt and have a male friend do it!

And since I have a rather limited amount of energy, it's about all I can do, caring for 80 orchids, what with repotting and stuff. I wish I could have more, but if I'm supposed to give my babies some proper care, I can't have too many. :eek:

I'm seriously contemplating buying a pH/conductivity meter for a hefty price, so money is always an issue. :p
My GF has lupus but w/ a good routine manages to do most of our watering.
Get a cheap pack of litmus paper and a cheap TSD meter instead.

Flirt and have a male friend do it!

My GF has lupus but w/ a good routine manages to do most of our watering.
Get a cheap pack of litmus paper and a cheap TSD meter instead.
I have litmus paper already. :D Been having lots of fun with it, and figured that the pH levels are probably too high (7) so I'm going to do something about that I think. Hmm.. good suggestion Eric, I think I'll stick to my paper, and buy a cheap TDS meter instead.

I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend having lupus. :( I have psoriatic arthritis, that comes and goes, but it's not bad luckily. The thing that makes suggestion number one quite impossible, and which is the greatest cause for my tiredness though, is Asperger's syndrome (assburgers :rollhappy: ). With this comes social awkwardness, and I get tired/exhausted easily, especially if dealing with other people (and I like people), so no flirting for me I'm afraid. :eek: I'll just stick to my chids and cats, and become a crazy cat AND orchid lady.

And I still want a Dollgoldi...

OK, my GF was a dancer and gymnast and Theater director and has arthritis also. :( I understand. We'll have to see about getting you a Dollgoldi! :)

OK, my GF was a dancer and gymnast and Theater director and has arthritis also. :( I understand. We'll have to see about getting you a Dollgoldi! :)
:( I can't understand what she has gone though/is going through, but I understand the frustration of not being able to do something that's a big part of you. After I've managed to burn myself out, I have difficulties concentrating, making it impossible for me to draw and paint, and that sucks! Give her my regards. :)

I've great plans regarding the acquisition of my future Dollgoldi. Aeryon bought one from Orchid Inn, so when Sam comes to Europe next spring, I'm going to have one. It looked like a great cross I think. Unless Sam has sold out, then I'll have to wait. If money becomes an issue (it's quite expensive, but it's a BS plant, so it's worth it), I plan to draw portraits for a while, to earn the money. All I need to do, is to get better so I can do somthing creative for more than five minutes though. :rollhappy:

Sounds fine to me!
:D

Oh, and I need a dog too...

We're expecting updates on the tigrinum, I'm not that brave or rich yet! :p
You call that a shopping spree? Psssth, I call that getting off easy..... Last week a flask of Paph. Molly Ott, a flask of Paph. Tim van Rooy, and a flask of Paph. Castleanum.
someone went shopping at Monsoon Flora! I got a Molly Ott as well, the roots were UNBELIEVABLE! and a Paph. Paeonius, normal roots for a multi X.
I have a flask of Paph. helenae and Paph. tranlienianum that will be delivered tomorrow....
I have a shopping problem, you, my friend are an AMATURE!:drool:
you're killing me!

We're expecting updates on the tigrinum, I'm not that brave or rich yet! :p
I've already started a thread, and I don't even have it yet! Be prepared for many more threads in the future, along the lines; "What am I doing wrong?" or "Help my poor tiger!" :rollhappy:

There's brave, and then there's stupid, that's all I have to say... :wink:

A while back I emailed Bill at Woodstream orchids. I told him what I wanted and asked him to send me an invoice. Along with the helenae and the tranlienianum flasks that got delivered I got a box from Woodstream. Most of the flasks are minis, 8 to 10 plants in each, but I now have a total of 12 flasks to plant out. To top it off another guy I get flasks from just emailed me about a buddy of his who has 2 different types of Phrags with awarded parents. Even though I can't afford it, you already know what is going to happen...

Decent sized tigrinum are easy.
It's a small plant, so I have my work cut out for me. :p

A while back I emailed Bill at Woodstream orchids. I told him what I wanted and asked him to send me an invoice. Along with the helenae and the tranlienianum flasks that got delivered I got a box from Woodstream. Most of the flasks are minis, 8 to 10 plants in each, but I now have a total of 12 flasks to plant out. To top it off another guy I get flasks from just emailed me about a buddy of his who has 2 different types of Phrags with awarded parents. Even though I can't afford it, you already know what is going to happen...
I think I'm in little league, and you're playing the major league of orchid buying, growing, and selling. :rollhappy:

I'm glad I found this forum. As soon as my friend starts complaining about me hoarding Paphs and Phals, all I have to do, is show her some of these threads, and she shuts up. :rollhappy:

I have 3 questions

Who is Sam?
When is he coming to Europe?
Is he bringing any Phrags? (!!!!!!!!!!)

I have 3 questions

Who is Sam?
When is he coming to Europe?
Is he bringing any Phrags? (!!!!!!!!!!)
Sam Tsui, Orchid Inn Ltd: Orchid Inn. He comes to Europe twice each year, once during spring and once during autumn. You can order and he will bring your plants to Europe, CITES and everything is done, so no problems with customs or similar. :)

Latest posts

Back