Pictorial Comparison of White Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The date each cross was registered is in parentheses .

Back Row: Paph. Jack Tonkin 'Robin' HCC/AOS (McLaren Park x FC Puddle)(1966), Paph. Snowbird 'Robin' AM/AOS (Jack Tonkin x Diversion) (1976), Paph. Jack Tonkin 'Val's Choice' AM/AOS (1966)

Front Row: Paph. F C Puddle FCC/RHS (1932), Paph. White Queen 'Kathleen' HCC/AOS (Via Virgenes x Skip Bartlett)(1990), Paph Wharton Sinkler (Adilene Bobadilla x Skip Bartlett)(2007), Paph. Mishima Elf (Elfstone x Skip Bartlett)(2001)

Paphwhitegroupshot120108.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent group! I'm a big fan of white complexes so it's a real treat to see a few next to one another.

Two things to note, one is quite obvious:
1. Note the change in size and shape as the registration dates get newer.
2. Note the taller stems on the FC Puddle crosses as compared to the Skip Bartlett crosses. Skip Bartlett, being half godefroyae (godefroyae x FC Puddle), not only imparts rounder form, but also a shorter stem.

Ross, you know I love the pure whites. I'm almost afraid to say it out loud but I'm going to. You need to save me a division of the Paph. White Queen 'Kathleen' HCC/AOS. That being said, it looks like a single growth and I'm sure it would be out of my price range. After all I just enjoy them for their beauty and you breed with them. Nice grouping of whites and thanks for sharing the photo with us.

Love them all! I'm generally not that much of a fan of white orchids, but I love white paphs....and the photo proves that even the oldest are still good. Take care, Eric

Two things to note, one is quite obvious:
1. Note the change in size and shape as the registration dates get newer.
2. Note the taller stems on the FC Puddle crosses as compared to the Skip Bartlett crosses. Skip Bartlett, being half godefroyae (godefroyae x FC Puddle), not only imparts rounder form, but also a shorter stem.

I think this is a great history lesson Ross.:clap::clap:

:drool: :drool: My vote's for White Queen too! Amazing - she's gonna be 19 years since awarded & still holdin' her own! :clap: :clap:
Awesome group Ross!!!

Latest posts

Back