Paph Betty Bracey 'Springtime' AM/AOS, S/CSA, HCC/AOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Betty Bracey = Gwenpur x Acteaus, registered in 1956. Numerous cultivars have been awarded, and it is parent to 29 offspring. One cross of note is Paph Peachie = Hellas x Betty Bracey, registered in 1977 by John Hanes, which also has quite a few flower quality awards.

Wharton Sinkler also crossed Betty Bracey to Skip Bartlett. A portion of the cross turned out miniature, and it was registered by Harold Koopowitz in 2007 as Paph Baby Betty. I had a chance to look over a batch of the seedlings from the original cross and many were normal sized. At the time there was one tiny plant in bud, but Jim Bull would not sell it. Unfortunately, the greenhouse burned down a few months later. However, Hadley Cash had purchased some plants of this cross, and I believe this is where Dr. Koopowitz must have gotten his.

Paph Betty Bracey 'Sprintime' AM/AOS, S/CSA, HCC/AOC
PaphBettyBraceySpringtime410.jpg

Here is Paph Peachie 'Sea Shell' HCC/AOS (Hellas x Betty Bracey)
PaphPeachieSeaShell410.jpg

Ross, I had a plant of the Betty Bracey many years ago, along with its sister, "Limelight". Both reasonable growers and nice flowers. Must see if I can get them again.

I have seen divisions of awarded Betty Bracey's offered quite often here in the U.S. Which means they must be fairly vigorous growers.

I like Betty Bracey very much, especialy 'Bens Pride'!
Unfortunately I don't know where I can get one here in Europe :(

Latest posts

Back