Phragmipedium Waunakee Sunset

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shape is not besseae but more dalessandroi. I don't know about nbs dalessandroi but Tom has god sized Jerseys. BTW,Waunakee Sunset is not that common, try looking up photos.

Waunakee Sunset has quite a bit of color variation. I had a bunch of them, but gave most of them away. Or they died.

We used to think about Jersey when we see something looking in between straight besseae and straight dalessandroi... but there could be (Jersey) x dalessandroi or (Jersey x besseae) too... Or other combinaison.... I am right?:confused:

Yes! I'm agreed with you! As we know, dallessandroì was first considered as besseae and both were crossed and sold as besseae. They could have been Jersey, Samares or Karame too before the recognition of the species status.…

The reason why some ‘’besseae’’ x self can give a wide amount of variation between the two species now… And difficult to really know what they really are!

In this cross if it is besseae x Barbara LeAnn on is tag? During the manipulation when making a cross it is always possible than some pollen touch the ovary before or during the manipulation and give a % of autogamous self.

Yes! I'm agreed with you! As we know, dallessandroì was first considered as besseae and both were crossed and sold as besseae. They could have been Jersey, Samares or Karame too before the recognition of the species status.…

The reason why some ‘’besseae’’ x self can give a wide amount of variation between the two species now… And difficult to really know what they really are!

In this cross if it is besseae x Barbara LeAnn on is tag? During the manipulation when making a cross it is always possible than some pollen touch the ovary before or during the manipulation and give a % of autogamous self.

Merci Jean-Pierre

Back