Phragmipedium Nursery Photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzyquec

Reaction score
I potted several Phrag hybrids from compote today, including L to R -7 Phrag. kovachii x bessese flavum from Peruflora and 24 Phrag. Waunakee Sunset (flavum) from Chuck Acker. These were added to the nursery of Phrag. Waunakee 'Sunset Cherry' x Beauport 'Rose Rocket' from Chuck Acker and Phrag (kovachii x Eric Young) x kovachii from Perflora.

So far so good but you are right about running out of space. I am already contemplating the next set of shelves!

Eric
The Waunakee Sunset is one of the fastest growers I have ever seen. I received the flask 3/7/16 and removed from compote to individual 2" pots 5/21/16. There are 21 single plants and 6 I doubled up on for 27 total.
Susan

Love seeing baby plants, and yours look great! Best of luck bringing them to maturity.

David

Eric
The Waunakee Sunset is one of the fastest growers I have ever seen. I received the flask 3/7/16 and removed from compote to individual 2" pots 5/21/16. There are 21 single plants and 6 I doubled up on for 27 total.
Susan

Hmmmm, maybe I'll just get the Hanne Popow flavum and trade you for some of those! :D

Updated nursery photos

Bottom Shelf:

Second Shelf from Bottom:

Top Shelf (just potted up this past weekend):

the leaves of the thaianum look kind of strange to me , elongate and thin?
I thought they look chubby with pattern, and bloom at quite small size

Those phraggies are looking awesome.

Wish cross border trading was/is not such a hassle.

Keep us posted... Perhaps pics at +6 mnths and 1 yr? ...

... It's always neat to track growth over time.

Back