Phragmipedium Kovachii "Martha Quiros" 84pts AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peru

Reaction score
I bought the plant for my friend 1 hour before it got judged in the Peruvian Orchid Club show in november . Just recieved the pic taken by the oficial photographer from AOS , so i wanted to share it. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Bautiful! One day, I'll actually get to see one of these in person. Back in 2002, when it was discovered and I first found out about, it, I never dreamed that it would be over 15 years before I'd see one "in the flesh". I had one in bud last spring....but, it blasted!

Bautiful! One day, I'll actually get to see one of these in person. Back in 2002, when it was discovered and I first found out about, it, I never dreamed that it would be over 15 years before I'd see one "in the flesh". I had one in bud last spring....but, it blasted!

How sad. But you will have a bigger plant and success next time! :)

You're right, Eric. Although, I didn't get to see the flower....which was disappointing, the next growth that has grown up since then is so much bigger and stronger! It's got to be capable of doing a much better job of blooming than the previous growth. 'Just hope it does it this year and does not take 2 years to mature! It's MUCH larger than the old growth that blasted; but, it's still not finished growing. So, I'll be watching the crown of this plant daily once spring begins to come around!

Back