Phragmipedium kovachii 'Franceville' 2017

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! After 10 years of growing from flask, my first kovachii produced a bud; but, then it blasted! Arrrrrrrgh! I still haven't seen one of these incredible flowers in person. REALLY looking forward to that. I envy you getting to enjoy flowers year after year. Next year, with 3 growths should be a great show for you. Good luck!

I don't see any new growths. :poke:
Interesting photo, how did you get the light behind it and in front but not light the backdrop! ?

OK.... I will a make another pic later !!

About the light: there were several diffuse sources of light : over the bloom, at left and at right. In fact I took the pic "in situ", under the T5 bulbs under wich the plant is grown. There are several other sources of light in the room at left and at right... I just put a black fabric in the backdrop, against the wall. I had to background it a little bit with Photoshop tough... :)

Beautiful! After 10 years of growing from flask, my first kovachii produced a bud; but, then it blasted! Arrrrrrrgh! I still haven't seen one of these incredible flowers in person. REALLY looking forward to that. I envy you getting to enjoy flowers year after year. Next year, with 3 growths should be a great show for you. Good luck!

You have the merit to grow your own plants from flask.... Mine was a mature PK when I got it. I think I bought a very reliable one.

Latest posts

Back