Phragmipedium kovachii 'Franceville' 2017

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still one of the best I've seen. Congrats my friend :clap:

Amp up your fertilizer regime or it's maybe time to change your T5 tubes
;)

The photo is great with the black background and with light coming in from the top.

What are your temperature ranges for summer & winter?
Everything you grow seems over the top!;)

Beautiful! After 10 years of growing from flask, my first kovachii produced a bud; but, then it blasted! Arrrrrrrgh! I still haven't seen one of these incredible flowers in person. REALLY looking forward to that. I envy you getting to enjoy flowers year after year. Next year, with 3 growths should be a great show for you. Good luck!

So long! Is that typical for this species??

The photo is great with the black background and with light coming in from the top.

What are your temperature ranges for summer & winter?
Everything you grow seems over the top!;)

Well... I show you the plants that grow well and bloom well here...

About temperature ranges, this plant is grown outdoor in warmer season. Here, the highs are usually 24 to 27 (a few days at 30), with nights well under 17-18, often 10 C or less. A few years ago, there has been a night at 5 C in July! In winter the plant is in the basement, under lights. Highs 18-22 I would say. Nights near 10 C. But by now, there are highs of 20 to 26, lows of 11 to 14 C. I try to give the plant the max light it can receive without burning in summer, even direct sun. But since the night temp is cool and since the relative humidity is quite high, the plant is very happy.

Back