Phragmipedium Eumelia Arias

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice flower.
I do have several EA plants from Peruflora and this cross seems to me a reluctant bloomer. The plants are vigorous and pest free but do not like to bloom, some of my plants are clumps of 8-12 fans with amazing root system, but I´ve not seen a single flower. I grow them the same way than FS. What I am doing wrong?

What are your temps like? What about fertilizer type and feeding rate? And light?

I grow under T8 fluorescent tubes, keep the plant sitting in water at all times, feed lightly, but more or less with every watering. I grow fairly warmly, but I'm not sure the temps have much to do with inducing the blooms, since it blooms at different times of year whenever the latest growth(s) mature.

Maybe you're feeding high nitrogen and/or using a lot of root/foliar stimulants like seaweed extract? I rotate my fertilizers, and I give the plants a rest from seaweed/superthrive periodically.

I do not have problem flowering other kovachii crosses so i think that it coul be something related with this oarticular cross. I feed all my phrags with klite and wuxal calcium alternating both two. My temps are fairly constant all arround the year never higher than 30° and never lower than 19°... this could be the reason.

I do not have problem flowering other kovachii crosses so i think that it coul be something related with this oarticular cross. I feed all my phrags with klite and wuxal calcium alternating both two. My temps are fairly constant all arround the year never higher than 30° and never lower than 19°... this could be the reason.

If your EAs are all siblings, perhaps from the same flask or compot, it might just be a genetic reluctance to bloom in your conditions. The only way to know for sure is to send them all to me and buy a new compot for yourself. LOL

I just know, like you, I treat this plant like all my other water loving phrags, nothing special that I'm conscious of. It's like my Sunset Glows. They grow quickly, and flower without hesitation once the growths are mature.

I do have a phrag that absolutely refuses to bloom. It's a bush of pearcei. I like it because it's small, and I like the grassy foliage, but darn ... if only it would bloom for me.

All my EA are from peruflora. I got them as mature plants.... it might be genetic... I am going to keep them a couple of years more... if i do not get flowers then I am going to send them to you :rolleyes:

To flower pearcei and hirtzii give them much more light... even direct sunligth.

Nothing too special, but here goes ...

7qyskksl.jpg
How did your grow?

Latest posts

Back