Phragmipedium Eric Young

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phrag Nichole Tower is dalessandroi x longifolium.
dalessandroi x bessaea is Phrag Jersey
bessaea x longifolium is Eric Young

Now I'm really confused

Ed

Phrag Nichole Tower is dalessandroi x longifolium.
dalessandroi x bessaea is Phrag Jersey
bessaea x longifolium is Eric Young

Now I'm really confused

Ed

Correct, I think yours should be dalessandroi x longifolium=Nichole Tower. Because as said before Eric Young Foundation use dalessandroi for crosses before it was recognized as a separate species and then went back and changed names of some plants. That is why some plants are actually phrag jersey instead of besseae. People thought they were making a besseae sib cross at the time but made a hybrid instead.

Correct, I think yours should be dalessandroi x longifolium=Nichole Tower. Because as said before Eric Young Foundation use dalessandroi for crosses before it was recognized as a separate species and then went back and changed names of some plants. That is why some plants are actually phrag jersey instead of besseae. People thought they were making a besseae sib cross at the time but made a hybrid instead.

Thanks Cheyenne. I will re-lable this plant Nichole Tower.

Ed

Thanks Cheyenne. I will re-lable this plant Nichole Tower.

Ed

It is very difficult to be 100% sure when the original tag is missing… But on this one I'm agree with you.

At the first release all those crosses were considered as a ‘’besseae’’ hybrids… After the recognition of dallessandroï a long list of new names was published by the EYF.

Just few more example… ( To show how confuse it could be when the original tag are missiong.)

X with 1) besseae / 2) dallessandroï / 3) Jersey
X longifolium = Eric Young / Nicholle Tower / Hautlieu
X sargentianum = Mem. Dick Clements / Grosnez / Wössner Morgenrot
X Mem. Dick Clements = Jason Fischer / Rouge Bouillon / Sablonière
X Eric Young = Don Wimber / Ouaisne / Hautes croix
X Sorcere’s Apprentice = Living Fire / Portelet / Grève de Lecq
X Grande = China Dragon / Quetivell Mill /Francheville
etc.....
dallessandroï x Jersey = Samares
Jersey x besseae = Karame

Hope it help :evil:

At my age and being computer illiterate ( can't even post more than one pic at a time ) I wouldn't have any idea about urls and things----Sorry!

Ed

Its easy Ed. Find it,right click it, find "copy link" in the drop down, go to your current post, right click into the body of the post and paste! You're done!

Back