Phragmipedium caricinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Phragmipedium caricinum is not so often in trade but a wonderful species for culture in the greenhouse or on the windowsill. The species grows and flowers very easy.
Short time ago I had the luck to get a clone with branched inflorescences.
At first started the inflorescence

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzweigte.jpg

then came the bud

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-1.jpg

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-2.jpg

then the flowers opened

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-5.jpg

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-6.jpg

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-7.jpg

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-4.jpg

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-8.jpg

Here the whole plant

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-9.jpg

I hope that it needs not so long time that the plant is so big like the following

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-10.jpg

Phragmipediumcaricinummitverzwei-11.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Very pretty

I've seen one in Ed M's collection and it is growing well, but sometimes a reluctant bloomer.

It seems to like cooler temps than pearcei, and it can get rather warm here in TN

Dear Eric,
the pot is on the top 12 cm
Phrag. caricinum can be cultivated in a temperated room together with the other Phragmis and also Paphis

Best greetings

Olaf

:clap: Beautiful! It was nice to see the blooms from the start! Thanks! :clap:

That is one of the most intense colored caricinums I believe I've ever seen. Is this a result of line breeding Olaf? I loved the picture sequencing as others have said and every shot prefect. I'd like to get a divison of that baby!

No you're so right, that is not often in trade! What a wonderful plant and photos! :clap: Don't hesitate to contact me if you are going to divide it! :poke:;)

That is one of the most intense colored caricinums I believe I've ever seen. Is this a result of line breeding Olaf? I loved the picture sequencing as others have said and every shot prefect. I'd like to get a divison of that baby!

I'm agreeing with Rick, one of the most intense colored I've seen too, the red stripes on the dorsal are very wide and impressive...

I think it is nor from line-breeding. It was a selected plant longer time in culture. So I get a part of.

Best greetings

Olaf

Maybe we could get some pollen from this lovely plant Olaf to put into our mere mortal clones??:drool::drool:

Any one else have them in bloom?

Back