Phrag richteri 2015

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I looked up the last time I posted this flower (apparently 2013), and I was supposed to self it but never did:eek:

This is one of the bigger flowers I've seen on this plant, but I see no sign of spike branching like it's done in the past.

It looks like a heavy substance pearcei, but the flower is a bit bigger, and on occasion it will branch and have multiple flowers open at once.

The plant is also much bigger (almost as big as hirtzii).

That's a good one. I just bought a seedling from Peruflora and it has a long way to go. Any chance you could post a picture of the plant so I can see how big this one gets?

That's a good one. I just bought a seedling from Peruflora and it has a long way to go. Any chance you could post a picture of the plant so I can see how big this one gets?

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7984&highlight=richteri

Too bad the images are gone from this thread, because it showed this richteri between some pearcei and longifolium back in 2008.

This plant has been pretty weird. Some years it produced growths no bigger than a normal pearcei, and then sometimes its easilty 2X the size of a pearcei.

Presently its in its big phase again, and I'll try to get a new pic up.

Latest posts

Back