Phrag Predator

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achamore

Reaction score
Been waiting about 5 years for this one to bloom... Very pleased to finally 'meet' it..! The cross is Phrag. richteri x Phrag. caudatum var. warscewiczianum and was registered by J.L. Fischer in 1999. Is that Jerry or Jason..? No indication on the tag as to where I bought this, and I cannot recall.

I'm sure they are. I was away the last few days, but when I left it was just beginning to open. So this is at most only the 2nd full day of being open. I'll measure them and then check again in a few days.

I have puzzled over the watering, because the caudatum part would want less water, and the richteri more. So I kept an open bark medium, and watered daily. Seems to have worked.

Very nice, I like it! I see that sometimes you cut also the leaves tips. Is it due to not enough watering or fungal? I ask you because in the past I have this problem but it disappears since I have cut a little on the fertilyser concentration ( less than 400 ppm salts per week).

I'm not sure, but I changed to more frequent watering about a year and a half ago, and the newer leaves look fine. So maybe I was under-watering earlier?

Awesome x 100! Wow!! The colors are perfect! :drool::drool:

Thank you..! Do you mean the colours are to your liking, or that it looks the same as one you have had or seen and the colours of the photo are true..? :confused:

The petals have added 2.5 cm since I first posted, so that's about one inch in 3 days. They're now 25cm long. :)

Latest posts

Back