Phrag. Peruflora's Cirila Alca

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
My current pride and joy. Flower is 10 cm wide. :D

PCA-1.jpg

A couple of more pics taken in the growing room

PCA2.jpg

The whole plant and more.

PCA3.jpg

The colour differences are due to a hps lamp about 8 feet away.

Yay besseae (v. dalesandroi) hybrids! :p

Man, that light is bright! Is that in the house!?!?

Yes! On the second floor. There are two 1000W lamps, one metal halide and the other hps. I moved the plant on the MH side for the pictures so I would get a bluer light and less yellow. The room is 18 feet long by 9 feet wide.

Straight on the ceiling about eight feet apart with a reflecting metal shade above (the wing type) mostly to keep the heat from burning the wood above. The ceiling is 9 foot high.

Color looks great! The staminode looks orange -- it that right? If so, it's a nice contract with the pink of the flower.

Dot, the colour is right in the first pic. The staminode is more brown than orange. The next two pics have their colour tinted by a HPS light. I wanted to show the whole plant with stem and flower in my growing room.

Michel

Dot, the colour is right in the first pic. The staminode is more brown than orange. The next two pics have their colour tinted by a HPS light. I wanted to show the whole plant with stem and flower in my growing room.

Michel
Then, :smitten::smitten:

Back