Phrag kovachii, what do you think?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzballiscute

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I attached a bloom pic of the kovachii I got a couple months ago. This picture was given to me by the person I got it from. I like the size of its petals, yet they are a bit filed back which may be due to age of bloom (?) I just want to see what others may think of it...

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 101
That recurving backwards is something they can be prone to. It can also change with the plant, depending on watering, feed etc. I saw it happen one year with one of mine, and the next year it didn't do that.

Excellent color!!! The description of growth habit you are describing is called reflexing, you have a very nice kovachii, where do you grow it?

I like this bloom , it blooms straight out from tip to tip with a little bit curving on the horizontal axis, but not curvy and floppy heavily like most other kovachii on the vertical axis ( to the point you only see maybe like halves of the petals)

Welcome, fuzzballiscute, to Slippertalk. Please tell us a little about yourself in the Greetings and Salutations section.

Pretty nice kovachii

With Phrags, flowers are strongly influenced by cultural conditions as the bloom forms and opens. You will be surprised at how variable the flower will look from blooming to blooming. In higher humidity, with adequate water the next flowering may open quite flat. The healthier your roots, the more growths the plant has, the higher the humidity while flower stem develops all will help improve the flower's form. You may be pleasantly surprised at quality of future blooming if your culture is good.

This one certainly has good color. Looking forward to see how it performs for you.

Latest posts

Back