Phrag. kovachii 'Sweet Valentine'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how did the shape hold up? It appears to have thicker substance than usual. Did that make a difference in retaining it's lovely shape?

[This plant is from a flask from Chuck many years ago. It looks like a 4N one to me according to the size, substance, and texture but the only way to be sure is take the DNA test which I am not gonna rich enough to do that. :))"]

you certainly are a very good grower.
years ago, I got all different flasks of various kovachii crosses from Peruflora when they first offer them to the US customer (same time that Chuck order them from Peruflora), and they all died on me, granted the seedlings inside the flasks are tiny
Then I kill 2 more kovachii flasks from Glen, this time I have no excuse, because the seedlings inside the flasks are big.
Hi Hien,
Thank you. I just got lucky I think. I just grow them like any other Phragmipedium in my collection; there is no special treatment for them.

So how did the shape hold up? It appears to have thicker substance than usual. Did that make a difference in retaining it's lovely shape?
I was out of town a day after I pollinated it so I don't know. The picture above was on its third day, so I think it kept that shape a couple more days at most.

Thanks for the info. I know you are into Phrags, I still have the Frank Smith you were interested in, and Glen told me you grow Paphs as well. I think we still could do some interesting trades.
Hi Eric,
Oh. You live close to Glen? Tell him I say hi. I got a 10 growths division of Frank Smith from my friend last year. But thank for the offer anyway. I do have some Paph but not much, most of them are species like jackii alba, micranthum alba, vietnamense of course. 50632907_367554670728255_5541461749846245376_n.jpg

Will do. I'm not close, about 3 hour drive, but I see Glen at shows often. If you have enough of the albums to sell/trade at a reasonable cost I may have something you might want. :D

Latest posts

Back