Phrag. Jerry Dean Fischer x popowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
Phrag. Jerry Dean Fischer x popowii is a cross from J.P. Faust. The label reads x warscewiczii, but that is a synonym as popowii (correct me if I am wrong J.P. in this case)

Interesting cross that is 12.5% besseae, 37.5% sargentianum and 50% popowii. So it is almost like a Phrag. Red Lightning, but with that hint of besseae somewhere.

And refreshing since most of my bloomed phrags tend to be round. This is its second day opened so I think the bloom will still grow. I will have to update.:)
DSCN5184.jpg

Phrag. Jerry Dean Fischer x popowii is a cross from J.P. Faust. The label reads x warscewiczii, but that is a synonym as popowii (correct me if I am wrong J.P. in this case)

Interesting cross that is 12.5% besseae, 37.5% sargentianum and 50% popowii. So it is almost like a Phrag. Red Lightning, but with that hint of besseae somewhere.

Yes! You are right for the popowii, this is one of my first hybrid... Made with great expectation for colouration. My jerry Dean Fischer was garnet red almost black and my popowii chocolate brown.
I really like the color and petals leight on that one, very nice!
I'm calling those crosses my in 'betwen corsses' now, the one we will need to go furthur in Phrags hybridization to keep coloration with that 12,5%.

The front view doesn't look like a photo, it looks like a painting! :clap::clap:

Thanks for the answer JP.

I think the bloom is even prettier now :) It has gotten a yellower and rosier colour, doral higher (perfectly vertical) and petals opened wider. (LOL It started off really really ugly actually) Awesome hybridization, I am pleased with the result!

I must take a photo when it has two blooms

Latest posts

Back