Phrag. Hanne Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamlet

Reaction score
I bought this plant two years ago from Ecuagenera, and unlike most plants I got from them, this one really struggled to acclimate. The roots rotted several times and it just wouldn't grow. It just sat there sulking and declining. Then slowly it got better, the roots stopped rotting and the plant started growing. A few weeks ago, I was delighted to see a flower spike emerging. And then I managed to knock the plant to the floor and break off the spike just above the first bud. So, while it may not win awards, I am very happy to see this single flower on this plant after its history!

p9160359i2ate.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Pretty!

I know the feeling abut breaking spikes. I had one snap off while unboxing a Phrag Acker's Berry last week. Fortunately, it snapped right above a developing bud and below it.

Who hasn't done that at least once??? Lovely recovery...
the staminode and pouch contrast is outstanding. My
problem is elbows knocking pots over when reaching over
the benches to the back plants. Have to watch those elbows every minute!

Thank you. Good to know I'm not the only one that breaks spikes. ;)

..so jealous! !! :eek:

I just looked up what cross that is, and I'm jeaulous, too! There's a bit of fischeri in there. I would also like to see a straight fischeri x kovachii primary cross.

Latest posts

Back