Phrag.China Dragon 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

I visited Chuck Acker last July & who can't resist a China Dragon (bess x Grande). The plant was one growth with a 10" leafspan, in a 3.5" pot. It's now in a gallon pot & has easily a 24" leafspan.

Very impressive flower! I really like the petals width and the presentation...
This is the first time I’m seeing a China Dragon with that appearance…
And with besseae as the pod parent.... Very Interesting!

Thanks guys!
The things we do for Eric ...... moved the plant to take a whole plant pic, as requested & guess what? :sob: It fell off! It was about day 10!

Gilda - The petals didn't length over time. I'm not certain that bess was the pod parent. :eek: I have it recorded that way but I might have been multi-tasking at the time!

I feel very badly now, although I didn't say you had to move the plant for me, sorry. :(
Be careful what you ask for! :poke: I'm givin' you a hardtime - you know how some phrags have to do their phrag thing & drop a new flower for a reason most of us will probably never know! It doesn't have any new growths, so it's probably better to put it's energy into that. It certainly has one heck of a root system!

If your interested Rose, Chuck, would answer this for you . He's great about anwering questions concerning his plants. Just pop him an email.
Yes - he sure would! It doesn't matter much to me but I also have recorded it as a 4N, which the tag doesn't indicate but I'm pretty sure he said they were using some older left over tags. That doesn't matter much to me either but if someone wanted pollen then it would make a difference!

When the plant came out, there were some at Orchidview, I think, and maybe a couple of other vendors. I didn't get one because I don't like elephant ear phrags but that one's petals aren't too long and the color is fantastic! :sob:

Latest posts

Back