Phrag. Bouley Bay 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd get ahold of Glen on the ID of your plant. Yours is IMHO too far off from Fren's plant. Her pouch opening flares outward as in Grande. The spotting in the pouch is inline with a Grande hybrid as is the color. I'm betting your pink color is coming form a schlimii grandparent somewhere. I looked at my Schroderae and even it has way more spotting in the pouch then your flowers.
PS. as a side note; its Schroderae & Calurum that will bloom flowers w/o petals. I haven't seen this in any of my other hybrids.

My first thought was :"It's a Schroderae".. but the Bouley Bay is half the price of this hybrid. So I thought that it wouldn't be a very profitable mistake for the seller, so I discarded the idea.. :)

Ps.: Your Schroderae is simply amazing!!!

If yours is a Schroderae then it is a special one. I have two different clones and neither have ever held more then two flowers at a time.

If yours is a Schroderae then it is a special one. I have two different clones and neither have ever held more then two flowers at a time.

It's because your two plants are Albopurpureum.. :p
Like I've said, I compared before with other hybrids and since I didn't find the exact flower, I came to the conclusion that it was what the label said it was ... for now ;)

After looking at this a little more, I would definitely suspect it is not Bouley Bay (Grande x Eric Young). At the very least, with that purple color, there is some schlimii in the background. I suspect though, that it might be kovachii. I know there are a lot of kovachii x wallisii out there. Could this be kovachii x wallisii?

e-spice

I will compare with my Andean Tears .
Silvan's plant does not have the pouch of kovachii x wallisii (shape is much rounder sith a lot of dot)
The dorsal is too straight too (hooded in mine). Staminoide is different... Color is much more pink too..

Andean Tears? I wish!!! lol
Well there's no wallisii x kovachii listed in the piping rock orchids website and I have a big Andean Tears and the plant is more compact and the leaves way darker on it .. I'll take a side by side pic to show you what I mean.. I've sent an email to Glen too, we'll see :)
I too, think there's some schlimii somewhere, since when I look at my Suzanne Decker pics, the pouch and dots in it looks similar to it...

It's funny but when I first saw it I thought it had some Pk color! :confused: Its definitely a better than normal color for a Bouley Bay! I think you should send it to NYC for further analysis!

Here's a comparaison pic of my Andean Tears and Bouley Bay
(Andean Tears on the left), As you can see, the Andean Tears has a more compact stature (2 old grows and 4 new ones)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a comparaison pic of my Andean Tears and Bouley Bay
(Andean Tears on the left), As you can see, the Andean Tears has a more compact stature (2 old grows and 4 new ones)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I agree. That's not Andean Tears' foliage ....

...........nor flower....When I take a look at the few plants of that grex that bloomed, I am pretty sure it is not the same

Here si the plant shown by Phragmatic (it bears a marvellous flower), from the Jardin Botanique de Montréal

ATbiais.jpg

ATct.jpg

ATdos.jpg

AndeanTears.jpg

My own plant :

PhragmipediumAndeansTearsbouton4_webmod.jpg

PhragmipediumAndeansTearsbouton5_web.jpg

PhragmipediumAndeansTears4_web.jpg

Of course, I didn't see pics of other Andean Tears.

Spectacular flowering! I like it. It recall me Phrag schroederea which here does not want to flourish.

Silvan was.

Sorry, I meant Perusian Beauty (Bouley Bay x kovachii) :)

Anyway, Glen Decker thinks it's a Acker's Charm 4N (Rosy Charm4N 'Pink Flare' x Grande4N 'Vista') ..Well a google search brought me to a plant Goldenrose posted here and personaly I don't think they look alike.. Now I think it looks more like a Belle Hougue Point... anyway, I guess that one of my favorite phrag
is a noid.. :(

Latest posts

Back