Phrag. Bouley Bay 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I wasn't expecting that color either Dot. I was expecting some kind of coral color and when it first flowered with this sort of raspberry color (man, can I write color another time..lol) I wasn't sure it was a Bouley Bay, but it doesn't look like anything else..anyway, maybe if it flowers during summer it will be of a different... shade or tint? ..or color .. :p

Well, you've certainly spoiled me. I will be looking for a Bouley Bay, and if it's not that color, I will be very disappointed!

Well, you've certainly spoiled me. I will be looking for a Bouley Bay, and if it's not that color, I will be very disappointed!

lol..for some reason I feel pressured ;)

It's not an expensive hybrid..it was good for a beginner like me :) So if it's not the same color you won't have any difficulty to sell it back to someone...
and get another one! lol :wink:

lol..for some reason I feel pressured ;)

It's not an expensive hybrid..it was good for a beginner like me :) So if it's not the same color you won't have any difficulty to sell it back to someone...
and get another one! lol :wink:

Well, Quebec isn't very far from Michigan........:D

Great looking flowers. I've had Phrags open without petals in the past. My thoughts go back to the Mg concentration that I've played a round with. Too high and I got strongly colored flowers but quite often they would be distorted too.

Well, when you don't consider the color of mine, the overall shape of the flower is the same as Fren's Bouley Bay... As for the Rosy Charm, well the petals are shorter, plus an open pouch with the spotting that comes from the sargentianum parentage and the overal shape of the plant that comes from the schlimii parent.. My plant as more of a grande looking leaves (long, wide and a bit on the floppy side) .. I think I'll ask Glen to know if he has other Bouley BAy's that flowered the same color as mine.. Maybe it's cultural.

Great looking flowers. I've had Phrags open without petals in the past. My thoughts go back to the Mg concentration that I've played a round with. Too high and I got strongly colored flowers but quite often they would be distorted too.

I do tend to go Mg crazy when my plants start to flower 'cause the leaves always seems to get too yellow at that moment .. But it's his second flowering and this year I didn't water and fertilize regularly ..my plants since january got watered every 7 to 10days..now I'm back on track.. At it's first flowering when I saw it had a raspberry tint, I thought that it was due to the phosporus in my fertilizer mixed with the cool temperature..now since it didn't get the same care
as last year, I think I just happen to have a special plant :)

I'd get ahold of Glen on the ID of your plant. Yours is IMHO too far off from Fren's plant. Her pouch opening flares outward as in Grande. The spotting in the pouch is inline with a Grande hybrid as is the color. I'm betting your pink color is coming form a schlimii grandparent somewhere. I looked at my Schroderae and even it has way more spotting in the pouch then your flowers.
PS. as a side note; its Schroderae & Calurum that will bloom flowers w/o petals. I haven't seen this in any of my other hybrids.

Latest posts

Back