Phrag besseae 'Lovebug'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
besseae2027Lovebug2720-2011.jpg

an awesome, awesome OZ produced clone.

all the modern OZ bess are 2n. Even the famous Jason Fischer 'Triplicate' is
2n. It is an understandable common misconception that it is 3n.

Hey that's what I call red and what a shape !!! - just gorgeous.
@ Eric - who cares about chromosomes when you see such a beauty??? Did you ask your wife for her chromosomes when you fell in love with her???:D

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Ex! Yes actually; very heavy Arian stock! I'm very impressed with the shape and multi-floral quality from a normal plant. I, as with women, LOVE them all! :D

:clap: WOW :drool:
Hey that's what I call red and what a shape !!! - just gorgeous.
@ Eric - who cares about chromosomes when you see such a beauty??? Did you ask your wife for her chromosomes when you fell in love with her???:D
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

Wow, that spectacular! Measurements, please!

Next will be a bessae with overlapping petals :poke:

Best wishes, Carsten

Paphio,

That is absolutely incredible! Perhaps you should take it to judging so it can be screened out...

Thanks for sharing!
Rick

Aside from the monster petals and dorsal , look at the pouch! How fat is that???!!! Most besseae have a very slender pouch. You definitely have a keeper there! Worth whatever you paid for sure.

And easy on the judge bashing.

-Ernie

Wow! Everyone's said it already I think, but I'll say again that that's an incredible flower!

That is a nice one!!! Is it a clone? I know that there are some phrags that can be cloned.

Ramon:)

That is a nice one!!! Is it a clone? I know that there are some phrags that can be cloned.

Ramon:)

Phrags as far as I am aware cannot be cloned with a reasonable cost except at the protocorm stage. You would have no idea what the flower looks like so to clone at this point makes no sense.

Latest posts

Back