Phrag. Bel Royal 'Charles' AM.AOS (4n)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phragmatic

Blooming size
Reaction score
This one is Phrag. Bel Royal 'Charles' AM.AOS (4n). (Memoria Dick Clements X Sorcerer's Apprentice)

DSCN2768.jpg

The flowering stem is almost 36 inch tall.
DSCN2764.jpg

The leafspan of the foliage is around 30 inch.
Flower dimension is 5 and a half inch by 4 inch.

Awesome blooming and very good flower substance.
Did you get the AOS award?

No, this is a division i bought 2 years ago from Chuck Ackers. He has great plants! This one originate from the Eric Young Orchid Foundation. The parents used are Memoria Dick Clements 'Jersey' FCC.RHS.AOS 4n X Sorcerer's Apprentice 4n.

Very nice! I don't think I've ever gotten more than 2 flowers per spike at a time on a Phrag yet. How do you do it?

Very nice! I don't think I've ever gotten more than 2 flowers per spike at a time on a Phrag yet. How do you do it?

This cross is composed of 2 hybrids (MDC and Sorcerer's Apprentice) that will produce, in many cases, branching flowering stems on mature plants. You can also look at hybrids that have been made with dalessandroi. Of course, not all the seedlings that come from those crosses will branch so you have to be lucky when you choose your seedlings!

I have a similar hybrid that got awarded in 2005: Phrag. Portelet 'Infernal Towar' AM (Sorcerer' Apprentice 4n X dalessandroi) wich had 10 flowers opened at the same time on a tall flowering stem with 4 branches (sorry, no photo)

So the genitic is to be considered and also the plant should a strong, mature with many growths and be well fertilised to get the strengh to produce that much flower.

Latest posts

Back