Phrag. Apple Pie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jorch

The cross is Magdalena Rose 'Mother' 4N x besseae 'Cow Hollow II' FCC/AOS. I read that besseae and its crosses bloom darker in color when grown cool, so I kept this plant as cool as possible when the bud developes... and it blooms out a peachy color flower?! The petals are apricot in color covered with deep red fuzzy hairs. More buds on the way, and this time I am keeping it warm and bright, let's see if the next flower would bloom out in a darker red color. :p

IMG_0143Small.jpg

I like the roundness of the shape and the big 3 inch+ across flower though. It really stands out!

I like the color. If I remember, my Apple Pie didn't have as round as petals as yours does. I'd keep either one!

Cooler temps usually = darker coloration. All of my phrags are blooming out very pinky or peachy now due to the high temps of the last few weeks. I actually prefer some of the lighter tones. (to me) The darker reds look pretty much the same and can get rather boring.

Latest posts

Back