Photobucket?!?!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
Photobucket is now $400 a year if you want to share photos. Peace. I'm out. Where to now? Any suggestions?

Will it affect photos that have previously been shared?

It can be a real problem using these photo hosting sites. A change in their policy can prevent past photos from displaying. Imageshack did the same thing as Photobucket and now years and years of my posts no longer have photos associated with them. I think it is preferable that photos be hosted on Slippertalk. It is just a pity they couldn't be bigger.

Seems to work. Without signing in - but how do I find my photographs at postimages?

Adam, give imgur a try.
Photo bucket worked well for me for a while, and one day, it started to give me issues.
Imgur has been great!

Yea, I found the ugly policy change with PB just recently. None of my PICS are on the forum anymore. A real pisser.
I'm no computer wiz but I curious how can I upload directly to ST from my phone but have to have a 3rd party hosting site for my computer? Is it possible to upload my digital camera PICS to my phone then post on ST? I've easily take PICS off my phone to the computer but can I go the other way? I tried the other day to save PICs on my phone from the computer but couldn't get it to go. Any tricks or apps I can add to my phone to get this done?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I don't understand this. My photos are all still here on this forum. I just logged into Photobucket and all my photos are still there, also.

There is a notice at the top of the page that says: "Introducing the all-new mobile
The ultimate app. Backup automatically, create GIFs, edit and more!
Get 8GB of storage when you download the app and log in."

Maybe it is the mobile app you have to pay for?

I switched to Flickr a few months ago and I'd never use any other site. The site loads quickly, doesn't bombard you with annoying pop up ads, lets you choose image size when you copy the embed url and is visually much more professional looking. It doesn't have any editing functions (as of now) but my phone or computer work fine for most of what I need to do.

I don't understand this. My photos are all still here on this forum. I just logged into Photobucket and all my photos are still there, also.

There is a notice at the top of the page that says: "Introducing the all-new mobile
The ultimate app. Backup automatically, create GIFs, edit and more!
Get 8GB of storage when you download the app and log in."

Maybe it is the mobile app you have to pay for?

Dot, they will get to you. I thought the same thing as you and they finally got me today. Deleted my PB account.

Well that didn't work! I tried copying a Denver Post article on why PB changed their policy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Was just there ,there was a change in policy I read about 3rd party hosting and they wanted money.
This seamed to work,I did notice some of my pictures there were gone

Last edited:
If you want to control the legal licensing aspect, Flickr can let you choose (all right reserved, Creative Commons, public domain etc). It's free up to 1TB (which is big). They have good orchid community, and you can follow other people.

With imgur and postimg, they have less flexible licensing. You can let others to download, but I don't think you can let others to use your images for commercial purpose. In other words, it is not free/open enough for Wikipedia. I think, with postimg, you can't do "all rights reserved", neither.

Mixed feelings here. They were stupid to offer the service for free for so long- but then again, they have the right to start charging and so people should expect to pay up. For my part, I stopped using it a couple of years ago because it got so hideously buggy and was basically unusable.

I use Imageshack now- and I pay the annual fee ($20ish as I recall) for the "premium" membership. Works like a dream.

I stopped using them as it was causing a lot of issues, slow to load images and orientation of images being messed up no matter how many times I try to fix them, etc...

That was winter of 2016.
I switched to imgur, never had a single issue so far.

Latest posts

Back