Phal. schilleriana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Best blooming for me. I think it likes my greenhouse. :)

Phal_schilleriana-2011.jpg

That is impressive! Nice pic too! Do u grow it any different from
Other phals?
No. It's hard to tell, though, really, how much this has to do with the new greenhouse, since they've only been in it since January. Where they are placed, it gets down to about 57-58ºF at night and about 70 during the day.
They do have good humidity -- between 70 & 80 most of the time.

That's a good pile of flowers Dot.

Your stuartiana will do this next year!
I can only hope!

No. It's hard to tell, though, really, how much this has to do with the new greenhouse, since they've only been in it since January. Where they are placed, it gets down to about 57-58ºF at night and about 70 during the day.
They do have good humidity -- between 70 & 80 most of the time.

I can only hope!

My schilleriana (before changing the mount) usually started spiking late summer/early fall. By Christmas it could have spikes 3-4 feet long. This is when bud development usually kicked in so that they would be in bloom now too. If yours was on a similar schedule I would think it was probably developing buds in January. If spiking initiated in January then I think the new GH really is the big ticket.

Hmmmm -- I can't really remember if it was in spike when I moved it into it's new home. It may have. If so, it was just starting.

First of all, gorgeous, well grown plant!

Secondly, how did you get that beautiful picture with the black background?

Green...simply green...that is what I am!
Dot you are amazing!
Jim
:smitten:

Where did you find the black velvet Dot. I've looked with no success.
I got this one at Joanne's Fabrics in Lansing. I first saw some in Hobby Lobby, but not in the quantity I needed, so I went to Joanne's. I would think any fabric store would carry it. I did observe there are various degrees of blackness.

Green...simply green...that is what I am!
Dot you are amazing!
Jim
:smitten:
:eek:

Back