Phal. Bellina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbud

Orchid Maniac
Reaction score
I don't know if it's from seed or cloned, unfortunately. The hired help didn't know. I'll have to do some deeper investigating and get back to you all. Sorry.
DSC_0289_zps323bedd8.jpg

Here's side for the lip view:

DSC_0291_zpse03bf7fa.jpg

Another view:

DSC_0296_zpsa36847cd.jpg

Whole plant from behind:

DSC_0300_zpse0adb070.jpg

It's quite nice and obviously has a lot of bellina influence. The leaves are really nice and beautiful too! However, there is something else in there. Maybe the vendor grouped it with other bellinas (assuming they actually were real bellinas), because that was the closest thing to what he felt was the most influential parent of this plant.

BTW: Use a little 2% milk or even 10% cream on a soft dish cloth to remove those water marks on the leaves. The leaves are so nice; they are like sculpture. It'd be nice to show them off to their best.

Lemon juice is also great for cleaning up leaves...

Even though it's not Bellina, I like it a lot. The combination of colors is quite nice.

Lemon juice is also great for cleaning up leaves...

I agree. But, it's actually best to use the lemon juice first to help disolve and lift the dirt and then to use the milk to get a nice shine on the leaves. However, bellina and it's hybrids have shiny leaves anyway; so, it might be enough to just use the lemon juice. Some other types of Phals have dull green leaves; so, the little bit of fat in the milk helps to make a nice shine, without being too much, like you would get from a commercial plant shine spray.

My first thought was "hybrid" -- I'm glad others think so, also. Nonetheless, it's a lovely flower,, and I'll bet it is fragrant.

Looks very nice! It is a hybrid indeed and as Dot said it must be fragrant too! :)

Latest posts

Back